Thursday 2 February 2012

Contractor

A number of factors have to be considered when choosing a contractor. The obvious one is cost, as working within my budget is vital, but equally important is to feel completely confident in there capabilities. Being able to develop a rapport, so that decisions can be discussed easily, is also vital.

I found myself in the fortunate position of having four different contractor firms wishing to quote for the work. In the end I choose to work with Mick Carter who is London based and has experience of working with previous Scholars. We have now met and discussed the build in detail and made decisions together.


I sent through alterations to the seat design as well as considering how to achieve the tapered width of the curved wall. Mick has checked through and added to the Health and Safety, Risk Assessment information and Method statements that I put together for the RHS. We are currently discussing the build timetable.

These recent photos show the stunning snowy wood land near my home. The range of  trunk colours are what I am hoping to replicate using the vertical hard landscaping product on the curved wall.  I wont be using snow through!


No comments:

Post a Comment