Thursday 26 January 2012

Bradstone technical help

Today I met with Bradstones technical team at their Swindon offices and Depot. We look at samples of the Panache product that I am using as part of the design. Currently the edging that I intend to use as a wall tile comes in black, grey and white, so I request some 'specials' to be made in the paving colours of Chocolate, Fudge and Cream (see left). I am wanting the tiles to suggest tree trunks so these new colours will be much more suitable. We discuss attaching the tiles and Bod Pave to the curved wall with rapid fix tile adhesive.We consider whether the scale of these parts will comfortably fix to the curve and I send the radii of the curve to the technical department who create a mock up to try it out.


This photo shows the woods on a frosty January day - I love the way the light catches the trunks and produces so much tonal contrast. I also like the irregular spaces created between the trunks and irregular line where they meet the wood land floor. All very inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment