Friday 24 February 2012

Living wall - Bod Pave

On the lower part of the curved wall I am hoping to create a living wall, reminiscent of moss covered tree roots. This green wall will use shallow rooting plants and grow below the 'tree trunk' hard landscaping. Chris suggests that I try a ground reinforcing product, such as Bod Pave. This works within my budget and I have it cut by a local aluminium factory into a jigsaw of different height pieces, with the same 300mm width to fit neatly under two Panache tiles of 150mm. The reverse side is scored to accommodate the curve (see below).

I have considerable trouble finding plugs of Soleirolla soleiolli, as it is not that popular amongst some gardeners due to it's spreading habit. However I think it is a charming plant and perfectly suited to my needs and eventually track down 9cm pots that I split and pot up into 1200 little planting pockets. Quite a task! My local garden centre, Toad Hall, are happy for me to use their large heated green house to grow on the living wall. I will need to have it delivered during the build, as it forms a structural part of the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment