Friday 2 September 2011

The Design Brief

Energy
Vitality
Flair
Panache
Vibrancy
Zest                                                                                                                                 

These are the words that my sponsor 'Bradstone' have given as my design brief. I am to incorporate 'Panache', an 80% recycled Bradstone product into the design and am to refer to the RHS web site for the exciting new Fresh Garden catagory. I discover that this requires a design response that is 'different, fresh, ground breaking, unusual, green' - amongst other words. It is recommended that I work to a 6 x 6m size, with boundaries on two sides, with viewing on two sides.
I begin by making some quick sketches of what these words mean to me personally, as personal experience always seems a good place to start; flying kites with the children - swirling kite tails, flashes of bright colours; going to a fair - spinning, roller coasters, lights, noise; fireworks night - explosions, awe, vibrant splashes of colour; ice skating and energetic dancing in colourful costumes,


Walking the dog on a windy day, throwing her ball, birds flying, grasses swaying, leaves wirling round.
All these feel like positive, happy experiences that reflect the words of the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment