Wednesday 21 September 2011

Models

As I am currently in Malvern overseeing the build of my second show garden this year, progress on the Chelsea design is slow and my focus distracted. However I manage to rough together a model using a sketch book cover, wire and coloured pencils to illustrate the concept of the gardens design to my sponsor, Bradstone. This concept, based on the joyous movement of kites, is happily accepted and I feel a great sence of relief!



Now to turn it into a design fit for an RHS Chelsea application, with just a week and a half before the deadline.......oh, and another show garden to finish, show to attend and break up.....no pressure then!!!!!





Chris visits me twice at the show ground. Once to talk through the Malvern Autumn Show Garden, based on the concept of 'Seed Distribution' as well as discuss the Chelsea concept progess. The second time, to listen to feed back about the Autumn show garden from Bob Sweet, for which I recieved a very satisfying RHS Silver Gilt (see www.carolineebutler.co.uk for details).


No comments:

Post a Comment